The NEW MimioCapture™ ink recorder extends the functionality of both the MimioTeach™ interactive whiteboard and the MimioBoard™ interactive whiteboard, by allowing teachers to save whiteboard notes and drawings directly to their computer in four colours, automatically. Teachers can give them to students to refer to later, or give them to students who missed the class. Students can pay better attention, keep up more easily, and participate more, because they don't have to write everything down. The NEW MimioCapture ink recorder does not require a projector, and it’s even more portable and easy to use. The convenient magnetic pen holder affixes to any steel surface, keeping the MimioCapture pens and eraser close at hand during class.
Teachers can record whiteboard notes right to their computer – automatically as they're teaching.
- Save, edit, and print whiteboard notes for students anytime, in a variety of formats (including PDF, JPEG, and HTML).
- Add student drawings to lessons on the fly.
- Convert handwriting into font-based text with one click.
- Switch dynamically between Capture mode and Interactive mode.
- Teacher and Student Modes
- Top ink capture system on the market enables teachers to save notes made with dry erase markers in a MimioStudio™ Notebook file.
- The teacher can switch dynamically between MimioCapture pens and the MimioTeach stylus by simply touching either one to the board. MimioStudio software detects which implement you are using and switches to the appropriate mode.
- Captures and saves four dry erase ink colours.
- Converts handwriting into text in documents.
- Pens automatically recharge in table-top recharging tray.
- No projector is needed to enjoy MimioCapture functionality.
- MimioTeach interactive whiteboard or MimioBoard interactive whiteboard and MimioStudio classroom software.
Whiteboard Active Area (per device)
- 1.2 m x 2.4 m (4 ft x 8 ft)—landscape orientation.
- 254 mm D x 174.6 mm W x 34.9 mm H (10 in. D x 6.9 in. W x 1.4 in. H)
Magnetic Pen Holder
- 235 mm D x 95 mm W x 44 mm H (9.3 in. D x 3.8 in. W x 1.8 in. H)
- Tray: .45 kg (1 lb)
- Tray, 4 pens, eraser: .79 kg (1.75 lb)
- Pen holder: .136 kg (.3 lb)
Controls & Indicators
- MimioCapture recharging tray serves as a charging station for the batteries inside the pens and eraser.
- MimioCapture pens use Expo-type dry erase markers.
- Pens: 171 mm L x 32.2 mm W x 32.2 mm H(6.7 in. L x 1.3 in. W x 1.3 in. H).
- Lithium-Ion battery recharges while pen is docked in the tray.
- 76.11 mm x 76.11 mm x 84.3 mm (3 in. L x 3 in. W x 3.3 in. H).
- .71 mm (2.8 in.) eraser surface.
- Lithium-Ion battery recharges while eraser is docked in the tray.
- 5V - 100mA DC via fixed USB cable
Automatic Mode Switching
- MimioCapture mode can be initiated from a MimioTeach interactive whiteboard or MimioBoard interactive whiteboard in Interactive mode by touching a marker pen to the board, or can be initiated via MimioStudio software.
Certification & Compliance
- Mimio hardware is warranted for 2 years from date of purchase, with an additional 3 years with product registration at mimio.com/warranty, for a total of 5 years.
- MimioStudio software is supplied with a limited lifetime warranty, expiring 1 year after discontinuation of the product.
Other Available Accessories
- Replacement parts: kit for eraser felt pads, 4 colour pens.
- North American or International AC adapters.
Eraser Felt Pads
Stylus - green
Stylus - black
Stylus - blue
Stylus - red
See how other schools are engaging their students with Mimio educational technology and reading software.
View Mimio Case Studies >>
Download the latest version of MimioStudio Educational Software.
Windows | Macintosh | Linux
MIMIO EDUCATOR BLOG
Read the latest in educational technology news.
Read blog >>
MimioTraining™ resources enable you to get the most out of our innovative technologies. Learn from our training experts - teachers like you, who use Mimio products in their own classrooms.
Your source for free training available 24/7.